Student Assistance for Part-Time studies
Loans and Grants from the Canada Student Financial Assistance Program
The federal government provides Student Assistance in the form of loans and grants to help part-time students from Nova Scotia access post-secondary education. This program has recently been enhanced to make studying while working more accessible than ever. Click here to view more information of particular interest to mature students.
- The Government pays the interest on part-time student loans while in-study.
- The income eligibility thresholds for part-time student loans and grants have been increased so more Canadians with dependants can attend college, university or trade school while working.
- The maximum total amount of part-time loans is $10,000.
- There are Canada Student Grants available for part-time students.
- Part-time loans and grants can now be used to study outside Canada.
- Part-time students who have difficulty repaying their student loan can now apply for the Repayment Assistance Plan.
What’s available to me?
- You can borrow up to $10,000 in student loans from the Government of Canada.
- Canada Student Grants for Part-Time Students:
- The Grant for Part-Time Studies offers $1,800 per year for students for students with dependants.
How do I apply?
To apply for part-time funding click here to download the application.