Record of Education & Employment

If you've been out of high school for a while, we need a timeline that accounts for each month since you left high school (up to four years). This information is used to determine your student status and to verify your residency status.

If we ask you to send us a Record of Education & Employment, here's how to create one:

1) List each place where you worked or attended school (i.e. the name of your employer or school) during this time period.

Then, for each employer/school entry, tell us:

2) Whether you worked/attended full or part-time
3) Which province you lived in while you worked/attended school
4) Which month & year did the job or program start
5) Which month & year did it end.

Helpful Tips:

  • If you have gaps where you were unemployed and also not in school, just enter "Unemployed" and the dates, along with the province where you lived during the period you were unemployed.
  • It's fine if some of your jobs or school programs overlap. Just record the correct start and end date of each item and put them in time-order as well as you can.
  • This record can be handwritten or completed/printed on a computer.

Submit this record to us by mail, fax it, or drop it off at our office.