When students withdraw from their program, it's important that both the federal and provincial Student Assistance programs are notified. This allows the student to remain eligible for future funding and minimizes any Overawards.



  • Notify us about this change to your Student Assistance file, as you would for any other change.
  • You must tell your school's student accounts office that you have or plan to formally withdraw from some or all of your classes.
  • They will notify the federal and provincial student assistance programs on your behalf.
  • Your student assistance eligibility will be re-assessed using the changed length of your study period, and you will be notified on My PATH about how this affects your file.


Please see School Forms & Guides for resources to report a student withdrawal or program/course load change. Please note that you must notify both the Canada Student Loans Program and the Nova Scotia Student Assistance Office.


Related Topics: