How to apply, and what happens next
Steps to Apply
- Open MyPATH and create a Student Assistance Account. Log in to start an application.
- Save and exit your application if you need to confirm details or ask questions. You can log back in to MyPATH again to open the same application and edit/complete it later if you need to.
Call us Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30
Local or International:
Toll free in Canada: 1-800-565-8420
24-hrs (answered during business hours)
Log in and use the Secure Inquiry Form to Ask Us a Question.
- When you're finished, don't forget to SUBMIT your application.
- Right away: Click on your current application and select "Check Status" to see if we need anything further from you.
For example, you'll need to download and send in your Tax Consent Form immediately, and possibly other documents.
Send us any additional info we have requested to process your application.
- 4-6 weeks: Your file wil be assessed within 4-6 weeks.
Check your email (including your Spam or Junk Mailbox) to watch for emails from us. We will email to ask you to log in and Check Status every time your file is updated.
- To avoid delays, write your SIN or Student Assistance File Number on EVERY page of paper / fax page that you submit to us.
- Remember to check your application status as you submit information to us, to make sure we have everything we need to keep your application on track and get you your money as soon as possible.
You're not quite done. There may be a few more things you need to send to complete your application.
Check out Get It In.
Our front desk service area includes computers that students can use to submit their Application, free of charge.
Click here to find a C@P site near you. C@P sites give Nova Scotians affordable access to computers and the Internet, and also offer assistance to Nova Scotians accessing government online programs and services.
We strongly recommend completing your Application online. However, if you must have a paper copy of the application, contact our office.