How Having a Job Affects Income Assistance
If you continue to receive Income Assistance after getting a job, you will be eligible to keep the first $150 you earn, plus an incentive of 30% of your remaining net wages. The Income Assistance program may also assist you while you work in a number of different ways:
- As long as you receive Income Assistance you will continue to receive pharmacare benefits.
- If the money you make from your job causes your Income Assistance to end, you may still receive pharmacare benefits for up to one year.
- We can assist with your child care costs if it will help you keep working.
- If you have to travel in order to reach your job, we can help you pay for this as well.
- We can also help you buy work-related items, such as uniforms, work boots, or associated fees for things such as a drivers licence or criminal background check.
Please contact your caseworker to determine eligibility.
If you are not yet an Income Assistance client, see our information on how to apply.