Justices of the Peace in Nova Scotia

To be able to perform a wedding ceremony, Justices of the Peace (or JPs, as they are more commonly known) must complete a training course authorized by the N.S. Department of Justice. They must also be registered with the Department of Business and Consumer Services. A list of those authorized to perform wedding ceremonies is available at any Justice Centre, from any issuer of marriage licences, or you can search our online directory by selecting a county below. Click here for more information on civil weddings in Nova Scotia.