Western Crown Land - Taking care of the environment and yourself!
When going onto the former Bowater lands – in St. Margarets, Rossignol, and Medway – remember:
- Stay on the roadbeds – road maintenance is expensive!
- Not all the roads are open – keep out of areas that are posted as sensitive habitats.
- Do not litter – pick up after yourself!
- The spring is high fires season - report any wildfire.
- Treat this wonderful resource with respect so it will last for future generations.
- Cell phone coverage is limited – be prepared!
- Make sure someone knows where you are – safety is your responsibility.
- Follow OHV safety rules.
- Some roads are still wet and vehicles can get stuck – please be careful.
- The open road network contains 1,700 km of forest roads. It is easy to get lost. Please download maps!
- Maps are available online and in local NR&R offices
- Help protect our natural resources.
Report fires, poachers and offences.
Call toll free at 1-800-565-2224, any time,
7 days a week, 24 hours a day.