Roadside Permit

Working on the roadside

If you are planning any activity/work on the roadway or within the highway right-of-way, including installing a driveway or erecting a structure within 100 metres of any highway, a permit is required prior to starting the work. Who needs this permit? Check here for more information or refer to the "Information for Work Within Highway Right-of-Way Permit" brochure and the permit application form.

Note that this permit replaces the Breaking Soil of Highway Permit and the Minister's Consent for Building & Access to Property Permit.

Additional information: If installing a driveway, see also Instruction for Installation of a Driveway