The Building Design Group of the Department of Public Works provides professional Architectural and Engineering services throughout the design, construction, and inspection phases of new and renovated building projects.
- Determining architectural, mechanical, electrical, energy and interior design scope requirements,
- Establishing budgets and project schedules,
- Building appraisals for code evaluations, accessibility, space requirements, structural, mechanical, electrical, and energy upgrade requirements,
- DC350 - Design Requirements Manual maintenance and development,
- Building site selection process, including property appraisals, land purchase options, environmental assessments, surveys, and related reports to
- In-house design including, preparation of architectural, mechanical, electrical and interior design drawings and specifications,
- Procurement and management of building design consultant services,
- Drawing and specification reviews,
- Communication with regulatory agencies on code updates, fire and safety certification,.
- Construction contract tendering and award activities,
- Construction inspection, project wrap-up, final inspections, functional performance testing.