What happens when you call Continuing Care?

Continuing Care

What happens when you call Continuing Care?

What happens after I call 1-800-225-7225?

The toll free 1-800-225-7225 is a simple way for individuals to connect to the Continuing Care Services.

When you call Continuing Care, you will speak with an Intake Worker. The Intake Worker documents basic information about you and forwards this information to a Care Coordinator.

A Care Coordinator will call you back and arrange to meet with you. During this meeting, you will be assessed regarding your care needs and the Care Coordinator will talk to you about the outcome of the assessment (i.e., required services).

If you are in agreement, services will be set up.

Can anyone make a referral to Continuing Care?

Anyone can make a referral to Continuing Care Services as long as the individual requiring the services is aware of the referral. A referral may be accepted from the individual or person acting on the individual’s behalf.

Where an individual has capacity and refuses to give permission for the referral for Intake, the Care Coordinator or the Intake Worker shall not accept the referral. If the Care Coordinator has information that the individual may be an “adult in need of protection” the Care Coordinator or the Intake Worker shall report the situation to Adult Protection Services.

What are the hours of operation for Continuing Care?

Intake hours of operation are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm seven days a week. If you get voice mail, please leave a message. An Intake Worker will phone you back.

What if I am calling from outside of Nova Scotia?

If you are calling from outside Nova Scotia about someone who lives in the province, please call the appropriate number below. These telephone numbers operate every day, including weekends, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

  • Annapolis and Kings Counties, (902) 487-0297

  • Cape Breton County, Northern and Central Inverness County and Victoria County, (902) 487-0298

  • Colchester County and Municipality of East Hants, (902) 487-0296

  • Cumberland County, (902) 487-0296

  • Guysborough, Antigonish and Richmond Counties and the southern portion of Inverness County, (902) 487-0298

  • Halifax Regional Municipality and Hants County, (902) 487-0607

  • Pictou County, (902) 487-0296

  • Lunenburg and Queens Counties, (902) 487-0297

  • Digby, Shelburne and Yarmouth Counties, (902) 487-0297