Lake Inventory Maps
Nova Scotia Fisheries and Aquaculture has lake inventory information on over 1000 lakes in the province. Each map displays depth contours of the lake and may contain data on water quality, fish species, recent stocking history etc. To obtain lake inventory maps, please write to the Department at the address below and let us know the name of the lake and county it is located in (include the site code if there is more than one lake with the same name).
Currently, the following maps are available online:
- Recreational Fishing Area 1 - Cape Breton, Inverness, Richmond, Victoria
- Recreational Fishing Area 2 - Antigonish, Pictou, Guysborough
- Recreational Fishing Area 3 - Halifax, Lunenburg
- Recreational Fishing Area 4 - Digby, Queens, Shelburne, Yarmouth
- Recreational Fishing Area 5 - Annapolis, Hants, Kings
- Recreational Fishing Area 6 - Colchester, Cumberland
Note: Color (Bathymetric maps) will take longer to download. The first map listed is black and white (faster download).